Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi VPN for Smart TV Orbi RBR50

kornholio64
Aspirant

Orbi VPN for Smart TV Orbi RBR50

I have an Orbi RBR50 and I'm trying to use the VPN for my Roku box (mainly to watch Netflix), but I can't seem to make it work.

Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi VPN for Smart TV Orbi RBR50

What FW is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

https://kb.netgear.com/31489/How-do-I-use-VPN-on-my-Orbi-system-with-my-iOS-device

Message 2 of 5
ekhalil
Master

@kornholio64 wrote:

I have an Orbi RBR50 and I'm trying to use the VPN for my Roku box (mainly to watch Netflix), but I can't seem to make it work.

What VPN are you trying to use? Are you trying to establish VPN while attached to Orby towards a remote destination or VPN towards Orbi from outside?

Message 3 of 5
kornholio64
Aspirant

Please see the image, I'm asking for the VPN settings that the Orbi has in the advance options

Message 4 of 5
ekhalil
Master

The VPN settings in Orbi allows you to use a computer or a smart phone to establish a VPN tunnel from outside your home via internet to your Orbi at home so you can access the home devices as if you are at home.
The Roku is attached to your home Orbi so you can use a smart phone to connect a VPN to your home while you’re outside to be able to use the Roku as if you’re at home.
Is this what you want?
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7