Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Voice Power Adapter

Nagamisan
Initiate

Orbi Voice Power Adapter

I just bought from Amazon US and realised that the power adapter is not suitable to use in Singapore. (240V)
I am thinking of getting a replacement set and netgear Singapore does not sell it.
Any alterative or else need to do a refund back.
Thanks
Model: RBS40V|Orbi Voice Add-on WiFi Satellite and Smart Speaker
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Orbi Voice Power Adapter

Look at the output voltage, polarity, and amperage. 

You can use a 3rd party adapter as long as it has the same voltage and polarity. Amperage just needs to be at least the same. It can be more but if you go less, you can have instability. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Look at the output voltage, polarity, and amperage. 

You can use a 3rd party adapter as long as it has the same voltage and polarity. Amperage just needs to be at least the same. It can be more but if you go less, you can have instability. 

Message 2 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

You might post in the Orbi w Voice forum as well:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-Voice-WiFi-Meets-HiFI/bd-p/en-home-orbi-voice

Good Luck. 

@Nagamisan wrote:
I just bought from Amazon US and realised that the power adapter is not suitable to use in Singapore. (240V)
I am thinking of getting a replacement set and netgear Singapore does not sell it.
Any alterative or else need to do a refund back.
Thanks

Message 3 of 6

@Nagamisan wrote:

Netgear's labelling of these things is misleading. They say 110V, but in my experience they happily work at 240 volts.Other people report similar success.

I have tried a half a dozen or so of those Netgear adapters, not one has gone "bang" and stopped working.

Just plug it into a US/Singapore plug adapter and see if it works.

You have nothing to lose. If it works, great. If not, you have wrecked something that isn't any use.

Message 4 of 6
Nagamisan
Initiate

I managed to get hold of a power adapter and it is working fine. The original netgear power plug has gotten too hot after initially using it for 20-30 mins and actually the plastic has melted slightly. Lesson learned, always checked the power voltage.
Message 5 of 6

Very hot, Singapore.

Probably down to the strain on the transformer. At least it didn't go bang.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7