Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Voice RBS40V ethernet ports non usable

JoenGr
Aspirant

Orbi Voice RBS40V ethernet ports non usable

Bought this Mesh satellite to complement my RBR50 and RBS50 setup. Wanted primarly to have my RokuTV wired to the satellite and the backhaul to go to the router. When trying to use any of the TV apps, they don't load properly, no streaming starts and then just a message of error. Once I disconnect the cable and reconfigure the TV to WiFi (and restar the TV) it works fine.

I thought it would be something with the TV. Did a factory reset of the Voice, moved close to the router for the initial setup again, connected my desktop to it and the Netflix app (windows 10) worked fine. Then I openend Netflix using the browser (Edge and then Chrome) and it again didn't work.

Some other sites also didn't work when connecting the PC to the ethernet ports of the Voice. Yes, I turned off my PCs WiFi card.

Tried to select different DNS Servers at the router (tried Google 8.8.8.8 and 4.4.4.4) these didn't work.

Any other suggestion?

I thought I'd like this device but has so many issues, loses connection, when trying to play Amazon music it simply does not work, volume gets high on its own, can't include in any of the speaker groups... really flawed. Forgot to register in the first 90 days after purchase directly via Netgear and now it looks like the warranty is void. Bougth on 6/2021

Can probably be used as a paper holder.

Model: RBS40V|Orbi Voice Add-on WiFi Satellite and Smart Speaker
Message 1 of 4
JoenGr
Aspirant

Re: Orbi Voice RBS40V ethernet ports non usable

Update... it is a RSR20 and RBR20

Orbi voice firmware version V2.6.2.8

Router & Satellite V2.7.3.22

Message 2 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

I have an RBS40V with a switch connected to one of the LAN ports and four IP cameras connected to the switch. Works perfectly.

Which Roku model is this?

Message 3 of 4
JoenGr
Aspirant

This is a TLC 55" Roku TV. It doesn't matter what device I connect, it can be my desktop, laptop, PS4. They simply don't work.

I do have switchs connected to the other Orbi Router and Satellite to have more wired devices and these work like a charm.

Only the Orbi Voice is the one that refuses to work when connecting something to the ethernet ports

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7