Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi Voice and Amazon Echo speaker groups

metime
Star

Orbi Voice and Amazon Echo speaker groups

Hi, I have an Orbi Voice as part of my whole Orbi setup compromising of 1 x RBR50 router and 2 RBR50 satellites and then the 1 x RBS40v Orbi Voice. When trying to create a speaker group in Amazon Alexa, the Orbi Voice is showing in Alexa app and states it needs a firmware update. But when I login to Orbi via browser on orbilogin.net the advanced admin settings states ‘no new firmware available’ it’s currently on V2.2.1.92 anyone got advice please?
Model: RBS40V — Orbi Voice Smart Speaker & WiFi Satellite with built-in Amazon Alexa
Message 1 of 11

Message 2 of 11
metime
Star

great thanks. so tisonly worked via manual update of firmware, really important to read release note, as you HAVE to install a 'temporary fix' firmware before the proper firmware update, 

thanks

Message 3 of 11
metime
Star

Unfortunately the firmware update still hasn’t fixed the issue. I’m guessing this could be an amazon issue?
Message 4 of 11
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @metime

Welcome to NETGEAR Community! 

The Orbi Voice does not support Multi-Room-Music feature. We encourage you to post a suggestion to this page: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Idea-Exchange-For-Home/idb-p/idea-exchange-for-home

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 5 of 11
jplarriv
Initiate

I recently purchased Orbi Voice with the intention of adding it to my Alexa speakers. Is there gonna be a firmware update to make this possible?
Model: RBS40V — Orbi Voice Smart Speaker & WiFi Satellite with built-in Amazon Alexa
Message 6 of 11
metime
Star

Well that’s just crazy! I’ll contact Amazon now and get a refund and send back to them ASAP.
Thanks for replying though!
Message 7 of 11
Azzzzzzzzzzzzz
Initiate

Absolutely ridonculous
Message 8 of 11
reddc
Initiate

Can we get an update on this please. Multi-room speaker functionality is top of the list for me.
Message 9 of 11
Jay12345
Initiate

Has netgear said anything about an update to fix the alexa music group connection issue?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 10 of 11
martinhj
Apprentice

I think it was on their roadmap but is not here yet alas. I am eagerly awaiting this feature and think it is a big thing missing from this product

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 24 kudos
  • 8 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7