Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Voice slow to respond

Symber
Aspirant

Orbi Voice slow to respond

I just added an Orbi voice to add to my RBK50 setup. I find that the Alexa assistant is really slow to respond compared to my other devices. It seems to take several seconds compared to my Echo devices which respond almost instantly to things like wake words and requests.

Is this typical? Is there a setting to tweak that I missed? I'm already a bit annoyed that I can't change the wake word (we go with Echo not Alexa and have no desire to switch). Would rather not return it as we like the sound quality, so a fix would be preferred.

Model: RBS40V|Orbi Voice Add-on WiFi Satellite and Smart Speaker
Message 1 of 4
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Orbi Voice slow to respond

Hi Symber, 

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

For this kind of concern, please make sure the firmware is updated to the latest one 1.0.0.48 for EXT mode and 2.6.2.4 for Orbi mode

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 2 of 4
Symber
Aspirant

Yep, I double checked and all firmware is up to date. I also looked into the connected devices while I was in there and saw that all 3 devices connected to that satellite (6', 4', 25' away) have a very poor 5ghz signal - practically none. Is there possibly something defective with the 5ghz antennas? Can it be forced into 2.4ghz mode and if so would this even help?
Model: RBS40V|Orbi Voice Add-on WiFi Satellite and Smart Speaker
Message 3 of 4
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Symber

I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7