Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi WIFI keeps dropping out???

tsig
Luminary

@thevans4

why are your camera's rebooting for a dropped signal?  Is that normal behavior?  What do you mean by a dropped signal?

Message 26 of 39
FURRYe38
Guru

@DarrenM

@thevans4 wrote:

Using Orbi Mesh system router RBK23 for 4 days now. Granted the setup is faster than the old mac extreme system I had throughout the house. But it continually drops signal. So much so my security cameras ar enot even picking everythng up because they continually have to reboot.

I spent 3 hours with tech support- India- they knew nothing how to help.

I can't access http://www.routerlogin.net - to change anything. The remote management on my iphone can't access. Seems like this is a ongoing problem- NET GEAR do somethng about it. Any advise from other users is appreciated. When you ditched the Orbi what did you replace it with?

Message 27 of 39
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

What firmware version are you running on your orbi system?

DarrenM

Message 28 of 39
thevans4
Aspirant

Modern connected to Router, Orbi in Router mode. Security Cameras are connected to the router- The modern is not shutting off it is the Orbi router that keeps dropping out. At least 2-4 times a day. Sometimes it reboots itself but more often than not you have to manually turn it off and reboot all three. So unreliable. The security cameras are connected to the wifi system so when the router is not functioning neither are the cameras- sometimes I have to manually go and reinstall each one to the network as they don't always automatically reconnect.  If I could access the software online I could tell you what firmware I am using. As far as I know it is the latest as it updated when we installed (1 week ago). I am going to try the Google equivalent and see how that goes.

Message 29 of 39
FURRYe38
Guru

What FW version are you using on the router and satelites? 

What is the distances between the router and satellites? 

How big is your home? Sq Ft? 

Any wireless neghbors near by? If so, how many? 

What channels are you using? 

What is the Mfr and model# of your ISP modem? Buit in router here by chance? 

What phone do you have? Apply or Android? 

Can you access the Orbi's router page from a PC connected to the router? 

How many cameras do you have connected to the router? Mfr and model# of cameras? 

My CBK40 is in gatway mode, Zero issues without having to reboot or resets in any time frame. 3 cameras and two NEST controllers connected on mine. 

Set up my friends RBK50 a couple of weekends ago in router mode. Zero issues there as well:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Orbi-firmware-update-v2-1-4-16-availability/m-p/1592753/highli...

@thevans4 wrote:

Using Orbi Mesh system router RBK23 for 4 days now. Granted the setup is faster than the old mac extreme system I had throughout the house. But it continually drops signal. So much so my security cameras ar enot even picking everythng up because they continually have to reboot.

I spent 3 hours with tech support- India- they knew nothing how to help.

I can't access http://www.routerlogin.net - to change anything. The remote management on my iphone can't access. Seems like this is a ongoing problem- NET GEAR do somethng about it. Any advise from other users is appreciated. When you ditched the Orbi what did you replace it with?

Message 30 of 39
tsig
Luminary

@Case850

I have plenty of empathy for those having issues, it is the childish whining and demanding my money back! that is just foolish.

Every mesh system, EVERY ONE, has issues.  Go to their respective forums and read.  I have.  THEY ALL HAVE ISSUES.  It's just this forum seems to have attracted the worst users.

The system works for most.  It just does.  I will continue to try and help where possible, and refute those that insist that it is the worst system ever.

Yes it is expensive, but if YOU can't get it to work, instead of continuing to complain about it, why not just move one.  If you bought the Orbi, you can afford ot buy a different system.  Life is to short to be so vindictive and crazy about a freaking router.

Message 31 of 39
tsig
Luminary

It's not a won't.   Its that I have Verizon Fios which brings service to my Fios Router (that I am not charged for) with a coax cable.  I have no problems with the router and enjoy having the extra ethernet ports to use on it.  

Message 32 of 39
tsig
Luminary

Let me say this again.  I will continue to voice my experiences and opinions as I see fit.  Just because YOU don't see them as valid doesn't make it so. This is your not YOUR forum.

Message 33 of 39
thevans4
Aspirant

Re: Orbi WIFI keeps dropping out???UPDATE

I returned the Orbi I had originally purchased to Amazon, and switched to a Google system.

I have not had one problem with the Google, no dropouts, good speed abd super easy setup.

Phone compatible Wifi app- super easy to use.

Fully recommend.

Message 34 of 39
Tcrus
Luminary

Problem is back! I dont know why and what to do about this. Dropping out 5-10 times a day.................................

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System, RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 35 of 39
FURRYe38
Guru

What FW is currently loaded? Have you asked for the new Beta to see if that helps any? https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Looking-for-a-select-group-of-Orbi-Community-members-that-are/...

What is the Mfr and model# of the IP modem the NG router is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try disabling the following and see:
MIMO, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

@Tcrus wrote:

Problem is back! I dont know why and what to do about this. Dropping out 5-10 times a day.................................

Message 36 of 39
Tcrus
Luminary

It was working flawlessly for 6 months or so so that elminates some of the issues you asked about. I did speak with support and they had me change a few things (channels mainly). I will see how this helps. Thanks for the information

Message 37 of 39
FURRYe38
Guru

IF all else fails, I would ask support for an RMA. You may have a bad system.

@Tcrus wrote:

It was working flawlessly for 6 months or so so that elminates some of the issues you asked about. I did speak with support and they had me change a few things (channels mainly). I will see how this helps. Thanks for the information

Message 38 of 39
thevans4
Aspirant

Switched this out for a Google mesh and never had a problem since.

Message 39 of 39
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7