Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi WIFI6 3pack

GJ45
Follower

Orbi WIFI6 3pack

Just bought the Orbi WIFI6 3 pack from Costco, on sale for $100 off. Heard good things about it and decided to try it. I have a house and a barn about 530 feet away. I installed the Orbi router in the house and about 30 feet away one of the satellites in a window of the house facing the barn. The other satellite I installed in a window in the barn facing my house. I have a clear view over a field, no trees, etc. Lo and behold it works flawlessly!! At 530 feet!!! I have tried point-to-point devices and microwave devices. The microwave did work but at a much-reduced speed. I have Verizon Fios with 400/400 at the house, at the barn I'm getting about 200/200!! I just can't believe it, I'm very happy. If anyone needs to do the same don't be afraid to try it. I have a clear line of sight, don't know how it would work if trees or buildings were in the way but I am very impressed. Kudos to them!!

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi WIFI6 3pack

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Orbi AX product. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Orbi AX and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general Orbi" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax

Thank you.

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi WIFI6 3pack

Having a clear line of sight is preferred. 

Glad its working. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7