Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi WPS and Canon MG7570

robstoneley
Initiate

Orbi WPS and Canon MG7570

My Canon MG7570 printer is unable to pick-up any signal from my Orbi router.  I have pressed the Sync button on the Orbi and then had my printer attempt to connect but it has failed each time I have tried.  The printer picks up wireless signals from my neighbours' appartments but nothing in mine...  Any suggestions?  (I am not tech literate so any suggestions will need to be written for a dummy!).  thanks

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
robstoneley
Initiate

thanks - after fumbling around and trying this solution I found elsewhere (set the 2,4 Ghz to Channel 10), I have got it working

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What FW is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

MAKE SURE your printer FW is up to date. Some printers wifi isn't the greatest. Does the printer have a LAN port or just USB port?

What security modes are you using on the Orbi? Try Disabling WPA temporarily on the Orbi. Then try to see if the printer will connect? If so, then try WPA and TPIK and test. Then try WPA2 and AES only and test.

Try disabling the following and see:
MIMO, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

Message 2 of 6
robstoneley
Initiate

thanks - after fumbling around and trying this solution I found elsewhere (set the 2,4 Ghz to Channel 10), I have got it working

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Interesting. Seems to be a printer issue. Normal channels are 1, 6 or 11. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 6
pdmartin
Aspirant

Just to confirm. I also had problems connecting my canon ip7250 to orbi using wps. Failed at least 3 times. Changed the 2.4Ghz chanel to 10 and it worked first time.

Model: RBK22| Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure your printer FW is updated as well. Glad its working now.

@pdmartin wrote:

Just to confirm. I also had problems connecting my canon ip7250 to orbi using wps. Failed at least 3 times. Changed the 2.4Ghz chanel to 10 and it worked first time.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7