Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi - WPS process in process

cornishrex
Aspirant

Orbi - WPS process in process

Hi, I've just bought my orbi kit. It won't let me switch on beamcast and mimu. It tells me that a wps process is in process and I should try again later. But it constantly says this every time I have tried. I found a solution to the problem for other routers by pressing the WPS button for 30 seconds. But that solution does not work for the orbi (having pressed the sync button for 30 seconds).

can anyone help? I've searched for an orbi specific solution but cannot find one...

many thanks

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
cornishrex
Aspirant

I'm sorry. I went back and checked again after your post and this time it worked. It definitely wasn't working earlier today. I can't explain it. Sorry to have wasted your time.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies

so have you got the orbi router and sats connected and the lights have gone out indicating along the way they have a good signal to each other , eg blue light b4 it switches of the light , as until this happens the wps is actually still working

Message 2 of 4
cornishrex
Aspirant

Hi, yes indeed. I've had it all up and running for 36 hours now. Had the blue light. Genie or the web page reports a good link between the two boxes. Any thoughts ?

Message 3 of 4
cornishrex
Aspirant

I'm sorry. I went back and checked again after your post and this time it worked. It definitely wasn't working earlier today. I can't explain it. Sorry to have wasted your time.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7