Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi WiFi Disconnection Constantly

popcornita
Aspirant

Orbi WiFi Disconnection Constantly

I have owned the Orbi system since mid-January and I have constantly been on the phone with technical support multilpe time for this issue to no avail.  The discussions with tech support has almost become another full time job and I already have full time job!!! The wifi constanly disconnects from the internet and I have to reboot the internet connection through my Fios gateway and then reboot the orbi to reconnect.  My orbi is connected to my Fios gateway for the internet connection and turned off the wifi connection for the gateway so that it doesn't interfere with the Obil.  The disconnection ioccurs almost every day and sometimes multiple times throughout the day. The systems have all been updated to the latest firmware.  Please help!!! Tech support is not any help.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
ekhalil
Master

Re: Orbi WiFi Disconnection Constantly

1. Do you notice that the disconnections happen on devices attached to the Satellites only or even for devices attached to the Router?
  2. What wired devices do you have connected to Orbi?
  3. Do you have any mesh audio system, e.g SONOS or similar?
Message 2 of 5
popcornita
Aspirant

All of them.  The Orbi router is directly connected via ethernet to the fios modem.   The individual satellites also periodically disconnect, but generally it is all devices connected to the router.  The netgear orbi app also signals that the router has lost its internet connection.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 3 of 5
popcornita
Aspirant

The other wired devices connected to the orbi router is the hue and my alarm system.  I don't have any other mesh system in the house.

Message 4 of 5
ekhalil
Master

1. What radio channels are you using for 2.4 and 5 GHz channels?
  2. Also please do a wifi scan and see which channels are being used for the backhaul.
  3. In the wifi scan please check if the channels you are using for front- and backhaul are also being used by your neighbours. 
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7