Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi WiFi System Compatibility

photoliv41
Tutor

Orbi WiFi System Compatibility

How do I know if the Orbi WiFi System is compatible with my devices?

Message 1 of 6
RonV42
Luminary

Wifi is an interoperablity standard.  As long as your devices were certified they should work.  The orbi supports G / N / AC standards so as long as your devices are complient with one of those you should be ok.  Here is a good article on 802.11 Wireless standards:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEEE_802.11

Message 2 of 6
photoliv41
Tutor

I appreciate your answer, unfortunately I'm no techy.  I don't know how to tell if my devices are "certified" or what that means.  The article you gave me a link to is over my head as well.  The terminology is totally foreign to me.  Is there someone who can explain this to me in Layman's terms please?

Message 3 of 6
netwrks
Master

In Layman's terms, yes, it works.. There's lots of reading material out on the big bad Internet.. Fishing vs Fish.

Message 4 of 6
photoliv41
Tutor

Thank you for your reply netwrks.  I know I'm not a techy & technical terminology isn't my forte, but I still need to know how to tell if my devices are compatible with the Orbi system.  How do I know if my devices are certified?  I've no doubt their system works, as long as it is compatible with your devices.  Just need to know how to tell before buying it.

Message 5 of 6
Mikey94025
Hero

It's likely that everything will be fine, but you really can't verify each of your devices unless you identify exactly which devices you have and then someone with exactly the same devices and environment tries it out for you.  So this is not practical and therefore we can't answer your question effectively.  The only devices that have the possibility of any issues are really old ones that pre-date the latest wireless standards and work only with 2.4Ghz, i.e., devices that are 3-5 years old or later.  Anything else will almost certainly just work correctly.

Your best bet is to just buy the Orbi from someplace with a good return policy (e.g., Amazon or Best Buy), try it out, and return it if you have issues.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7