Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi WiFi System Parental Controls NOT Persistent

tubastank
Apprentice

Orbi WiFi System Parental Controls NOT Persistent

I purchased my Orbi system several months back and haven't had any issues until recently.  The two issues I am having are with.

1. Airprint

2. Parental Controls.

Firmware version installed: 1.8.0.6

Both Airprint and Parental Controls are NOT persistent.

Airprint

Airprint is enabled for my printer within Netgear Genie (Desktop version); however when I try to Airprint from my iPhone, I receive a message stating "No Airprint Printers Found.  I have to reboot the Orbi system in order for it to work.  After a period of time, I have to repeat these steps to get it to work.  Not persistent!!

Parental Controls

I'm having the same issues with Parental Controls as I am with Airprint.  I have certain devices with their FILTER level set to "None"; however when I try to use a VPN service or something else that the "default"level of Parental Controls would block, it's blocked.  The only fix is to reboot the Orbi and then after a period of time, I am right back to where I was at before, reuiring a reboot of the Orbi.

I'm thinking about re-applying, if possible, the v1.8.0.6 firmware but wanted to check to see if nyone else was experiencing the same or similar issues?

Thanks!

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Orbi WiFi System Parental Controls NOT Persistent

Hello tubastank

Have you reflash the firmware yet if so did it work?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
tubastank
Apprentice

Re: Orbi WiFi System Parental Controls NOT Persistent

Yes, i reflashed the firmware and there are no changes.  Airprint and parental controls are not persistent.  I have to continue rebooting the router to get each to work.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7