Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi WiFi System (RBK53) AC3000

sorinel
Aspirant

Orbi WiFi System (RBK53) AC3000

i just purchase a Orbi AC3000 with one satelitte and everything is working good beside my Nest outdoor camera. The camera has 2.4ghz and 5ghz but always the ORBI satellite will connect to the camera in 2.4ghz and because of that i get interference from my neighbours 2.4 ghz routers. If i connect the camera to 5ghz i will have no issues.

What option i have to have this fix as i do not want the ORBI to connect to 2,4ghz channel.When ORBI connect to Nest camera in 5ghz channel everything is good but is always change to 2.4ghz channel.

My previous router was Apple airport extreme in whch i was able to have 2 SSID name for 2.4ghz and 5.ghz and my camera always was conncted to 5ghz and was no issues.I went to buy ORBI to get more coverage but to be honest i instal the ORBI router in same spot like my Airport Extreme and the signal where my Nest Outdoor camera it is was slower then my Airport Extreme and the distance between the ORBI router to camera is around 8 meters.

This ORBI supposed to have way better coverage then my AIrport extreme but as soon i installes the ORBI i was outside in the back of the house on my deck and was no signal from ORBI and now i was forced to go back to my AIrport Extreme and camera works perfect and i have signal on my deck but not with ORBI. This is starnge as this mesh system supossed to cover up to 5000 sqf and my house is 2000 sqf.

With airport connected i get a speed in wifi on my Apple tv of 600 mb which is in the basement,iPhone 8 speed 640 mb,iPhone X almost 800 mb,iMac around 300 mb,iPad Pro 680 mb.

With ORBI i get a lot less on all of this devices...how explain this????

Please i need some advice what can be done if not i will return the ORBI back.

Many thanks guys.

Sorinel

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi WiFi System (RBK53) AC3000

What FW is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the IP modem the Orbi is connected too?

What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?
Try disabling the following and see:
MIMO, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

Message 2 of 8
sorinel
Aspirant

I have done what you suggested but still same,in the back of the house no signal and my Nest camera will connect to 5ghz for a while and after go back to 2.4ghx and after a while i get notification from Nest where is saying my camera is off line....My house is 2000sqf and with my Airport Extreme router i get signal all over but i went to buy this ORBI to increase that in my backyard and my driveway but i get a lot less coverage with ORBI then Airport Extreme....this is not good....

Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

What FW is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the IP modem the Orbi is connected too?

What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Message 4 of 8
sorinel
Aspirant

Firmware Version 2.1.4.16.

RocketTM Gigabit Wi-Fi modem

still same problem with Nest and very smal coverage compare with Airport Extreme in which i am amazed....i do not know how they say 5000sqf when i can not have signal in a house of 2000sqf....

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 5 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

I have the CBK40 and just one satellite. I get great coverage and range in my 5000sq ft home. Some less out side however I'm not out side alot. However there is coverage and enough signal, outside the home. The Orbi system is meant for mostly in door signal and just some outside. Maybe 10-20 feet depending upon building materials and placement. If you need out side signals then you may need a out door wifi unit. 

Also your ISP Modem is a gateway wifi router as well:

Modem Combo Units:
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, LAN to LAN and configure AP mode on the Orbi router.

Message 6 of 8
sorinel
Aspirant

The provider modem is in bridge mode i always have that in bridge mode,one think i do not understand is when u say ORBI is for indoor only.My quextion is how a router is build just to provide signal inside and not outside the house,what i mean is my dech from my walk out basement here is where i have the Apple tv 4K,my tv and my sound system and the walkout basement is  a distance of 3 meters from where is my Apple tv and my deck and not to have no signal just ourside the walkmout basement is very very strange....if tjis think doesn’t work i will return this back....

from my satellite ORBI to my Next camera is 2.5 meters from the window and this is loosing signal because is connecting in 2.4ghz instead of 5ghz as i am sure some interference in 2.4ghz but this ORBI is not doing what is advertised...... this is not good and if this will not work i will need to take this back.....

Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Possible that you have a bad system too. Might try another system. 

Good Luck.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7