Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi WiFi System (RBK53)- Apple IOS issues ???

ssoleymani
Follower

Orbi WiFi System (RBK53)- Apple IOS issues ???

I am interested in the AC3000 Tribad system.  Being a Costco memeber and their great return policy and prices doesnt hurt.  But i keep seeing reviews about this system having issues with IOS be it tablets or iphones that the devices stop responding and only fix is to reboot the system and it is good for another 24-36 hours before needing to reboot again.  

Is this an issue ? And is netgear solving it or has it been resolved.  Some of these reviews are as new as a few weeks ago which makes me concerned.  Thanks for any input from actual IOS users. 

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

There seems to have a mix of work and non working users with iOS devices.

I have a 40 series system and it's been working well for me and my iOS devices.

Beamforming is only enabled. MIMO is disabled and seems to play a role in there systems. Some say it's not working right or some devices are not compatible with it. Daisy Chain is not needed unless you have two or more satellites configured to connect to each other. Fast Roaming has been known to play a roll as well. So it's disabled.

Also known issues with iOS itself in recent versions, something to do a search on and look at that information.

You can try one out and see. If not, then you can return it.

Message 2 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 3 of 4
RocketSquirrel
Luminary

My 4 iOS devices have always worked perfectly with my 3 Orbis. The only thing I do which may be slightly unusual is to assign all my devices static LAN address (not DHCP reservations).

All features like beamforming, fast roaming, WMM, & MU-MIMO are enabled. Only Daisy chain is disabled because I use wired backhaul.

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7