Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi WiFi System RBK53 firmware 2.1.2.18 doesn't auto update to 2.1.3.4

Saved
Aspirant

Orbi WiFi System RBK53 firmware 2.1.2.18 doesn't auto update to 2.1.3.4

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi WiFi System RBK53 firmware 2.1.2.18 doesn't auto update to 2.1.3.4

manually download the files and manually update using IE11 or FF browser. Do a full factory reset on both router and satellite units after upgrading FW.

Message 2 of 6
Saved
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply.  By the time I initiated the post, I had already done a manual update with Google Chrome, but without a factory reset.

I had basically created this post to let the community and Netgear tech support know that the firmware version 2.1.2.18 was not auto updating & therefore it could also be a problem that would be transfered to the new firmware version 2.1.3.4,

I figured Netgear probably did not consider fixing the Auto Update problem as they were creating the new firmware 2.1.3.4, due to possibly not being aware that such problem even existed.

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Please do a full factory reset on the system and set up from scratch.

@Savedwrote:

Thanks for your reply.  By the time I initiated the post, I had already done a manual update with Google Chrome, but without a factory reset.

I had basically created this post to let the community and Netgear tech support know that the firmware version 2.1.2.18 was not auto updating & therefore it could also be a problem that would be transfered to the new firmware version 2.1.3.4,

I figured Netgear probably did not consider fixing the Auto Update problem as they were creating the new firmware 2.1.3.4, due to possibly not being aware that such problem even existed.

Message 4 of 6
thombe
Apprentice

I was on the same firmware, 2.1.2.18 as well.
Mine didn't autoupdate, but upon opening the firmware page, it did download the firmwares for router and satellite, offered to update, which I did without any issues so far. I have not done a factory reset as I don't have a need to as we speak.

so maybe a problem for some, but not for me in this instance. (just a positive post for balance 😉 )

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

If you seem to run into any problems I would recommend a factory reset on everything.

I was told that for beta builds factory resets and set up from scratch will be needed until the FW goes official.

@thombewrote:

I was on the same firmware, 2.1.2.18 as well.
Mine didn't autoupdate, but upon opening the firmware page, it did download the firmwares for router and satellite, offered to update, which I did without any issues so far. I have not done a factory reset as I don't have a need to as we speak.

so maybe a problem for some, but not for me in this instance. (just a positive post for balance 😉 )

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7