Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi WiFi System - Select Specific Wifi Band (B, G, N, etc)

postveritas
Follower

Orbi WiFi System - Select Specific Wifi Band (B, G, N, etc)

Is there any way to force the Orbi system to only using one type of wifi band for the guest network or for the 2.4 ghz network?  I.e., only wireless g, b, or n?  I have a device that will only connect to a wireless G network and has known issues connecting when a router is broadcasting b/g/n together.  My FIOS router will let me select a specific band, but I would like to set my Orbi to do the same since I have a satellite near the location where this device is installed.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions

Re: Orbi WiFi System - Select Specific Wifi Band (B, G, N, etc)

you cant select this due to the way the system works distributed wifi wise and apart from that such an old wireless G client is going to cause havoc on any modern wifi system as its going to drag everything down and cause all sorts of issues esp with these mesh and DW system , prob best to throw the wireless G device away and update

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies

Re: Orbi WiFi System - Select Specific Wifi Band (B, G, N, etc)

you cant select this due to the way the system works distributed wifi wise and apart from that such an old wireless G client is going to cause havoc on any modern wifi system as its going to drag everything down and cause all sorts of issues esp with these mesh and DW system , prob best to throw the wireless G device away and update

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7