Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi WiFi System Pyle Cams

MiTn
Tutor

Orbi WiFi System

Has anyone had issues with trying to get PyleCam 8 work with Orbi?

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 7
JMU1998
Luminary

Re: Orbi WiFi System

I think Nestcams have issues with beamforming which Netgear Engineering is looking into to address hopefully in next Firmware release.

Message 2 of 7
MiTn
Tutor

Is this an issue with all net security cams or just Pyle?  

Message 3 of 7
MiTn
Tutor

Just checked my and wasn't able to connect with my logitech Vid HD camera that I use for Skype, too.

Message 4 of 7
Mikey94025
Hero

Logitech Vid HD is a software program, as is Skype... What wifi camera are you trying to connect (directly) to Orbi?

The issues some devices have, like Nest cameras and Ring doorbells, are that they intermittently disconnect (they monitor for constant wifi connection).  AFAIK disabling beamforming allows these devices to work correctly for most people, though some still report connectivity issues.  I personally have had zero connectivity drops in December with my 4 Dropcam/Nest cameras after disabling beamforming.

I anecdotally didn't notice any performance differences with beamforming off.  Since it's a new feature that most routers haven't had, I also don't miss it.  I wouldn't hold out on a fix from Netgear because it might also be something on the Nest/Ring software side.

Message 5 of 7
MiTn
Tutor

How do you turn beamforming off?

Message 6 of 7
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello MiTn

You login into orbi go to Advanced-Advanced setup-Wireless settings then should be a check box at the bottom of the page.

DarrenM

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7