Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi WiFi System

MarcoM
Guide

Orbi WiFi System

I am having extreme long PING's with my ORBI RBR/RBS50 set, Pings are often over 110.000ms over satellite, whilst the backbone is running at 1733M (Satellite shows Blue @ boot

Also, I am having issues with the UTP ports on the RBR(BasRouter).
If I connect our SettopBox directly to the UTP port, we cannot watch TV. After 3-4 secs the sound stops, followed by a freezing image. If I connect it over a Netgear EX2700 Extender over the same Orbi router @ 400M, it works without a glitch.

The issues are present in Router and AP mode.
I have hard-reset both towers and installed the latest software version on Router and Satellite.

Does anybody have the same/sortlike experience and have any idea on solving it?
I feel like i'm having bought something terrible, instead of something awesome!

Marco

Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions
MarcoM
Guide

Exchanged my Orbi today.
I have installed it minutes ago.
It tuned out i really had a faulty set at first, and I am happy to report issues have been solved.
Thanks for the help guys!

Marco

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 11

All Replies
Ely
Luminary
Luminary

Have you tried resetting the whole network? ie: turning off ALL devices, including Modem, Router, switches etc, then turning Modem/Router/Satellite/switches devices etc back on? I have noticed that with Orbi the network sometimes acts funny unless you reset everything in proper order when you first install it or after doing an Orbi reboot or firmware upgrade, perhaps you might also be experiencing some interferernce of some sort?

Message 2 of 11
MarcoM
Guide

Thanks for your answer!
I have tried so much already, you wouldn't believe it. Everything has been shut down and had a cold reboot every single time.

Funny thing is, the Base (Router) says there is no cable connected to WAN or 3 LAN ports (but there is) but traffic is registered over 'a' cable connection.
I'm beginning to think I have some kind of hardware issue with the Base unit...

I've dropped a screendump of my portlist on a website so you can see what I meen.
There -is- a connection with WAN, but is says 'Link Down', also Ports LAN1,2,3 are free, but they show traffic?

http://www.freeweb.nl/Orbi/OrbiPorts.jpg

Message 3 of 11
Ely
Luminary
Luminary

I'm sorry you are having these issues, it can be really frustrating, have you made any changes to the Orbi's original internet configuration or any other changes besides defaults? I know it can be a pain specially if you have made changes, but have you tried a factory reset? have you tried different firmwares to see if the issue is not present with one of them? also maybe you got a lemon, are you in time to take it back to the store and do an exchange?

Message 4 of 11
MarcoM
Guide

I have reset to factory defaults, updated the firmware (both) to .34, tried both the Router and AP mode with Factory defaults... tried about everything I can think off. Strill trying, haven't given up yet.

just painfull to see that Orbi's ping is much, much slower then the  HTE V10 router I already had (16ms vs 4000ms and up...)

I haven't tried exchanging for a fresh one yet, but i'm considering now, cause it takes so mucht time! (Think i've spent about 10-12 hours on it all together..

Message 5 of 11
Ely
Luminary
Luminary

This might sound silly, but it has sometimes worked in some environments, have you tried using the provided Ethernet cable that came with your Orbi to connect it to your modem instead of just using the one you had from your previous router/setup? and yes, this is $400 equipment, I would definitely go and do an exchange before your time is up.

Message 6 of 11
MarcoM
Guide

It's about the only thing I have not tried yet, but just minutes ago I switched Ethernet ports on my Provider' router and used another (Cat6) cable for that. No changes whatsoever.
I will give it a go however, wouldn't hurt to try.

Message 7 of 11
MarcoM
Guide

No changes in data with the original cable installed.
I'm going to take it back and exchange it for another one... Grmbl...

Message 8 of 11
Ely
Luminary
Luminary

Ok, hope the new one doesn't have the same issue, let me know how it goes.

Message 9 of 11
MarcoM
Guide

Exchanged my Orbi today.
I have installed it minutes ago.
It tuned out i really had a faulty set at first, and I am happy to report issues have been solved.
Thanks for the help guys!

Marco

Message 10 of 11
Ely
Luminary
Luminary

@MarcoM I'm very happy for you that you finally got it all setup, so glad you exchanged it on time too!

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7