Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi WiFi System

Leimam
Aspirant

Orbi WiFi System

Hi guys.

I'm thinking of buying an orbi wifi system. Can I use it with the Technicolor TG784n v3 Gateway installed by my Internet provider?

I would appreciate any advice you can give me.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Leumam

Yes you can either bridge the gateway to be a modem only or you can run Orbi as a Access point.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 6
Leimam
Aspirant

Hi Darren. Thanks for the reply.

What´s the difference between the two?

Should I turn off the wifi on the technicolor gateway?

Thanks.

Leimam.

Message 3 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Leimam

That would be the best option is to make the Technicolor in modem only mode.

DarrenM

Message 4 of 6

Leimam wrote:Technicolor TG784n v3 Gateway
hi
if your on some form of dsl
the technicolor modems are usually not that easy to bridge and even if it can be bridged your isp may not allow pppoe connectivity which would be needed for the orbi to run in router modem behind the bridge technicolor
so
if you can sucessfully bridge the technicolor and your isp allows pppoe connectivity you can then use the orbi router in its full mode
or if no bridge
as suggested you could use the orbi in AP mode and the orbi then works like wireless access points and the technicolor would work as normal and be the modem and router and just have its wifi disabled
what country and isp are you with
Message 5 of 6
Leimam
Aspirant

Hi.

I'm from Portugal and my isp is Meo.

I have since learned that I don't have root user privileges on the Technicolor router and can only shut down Wi-Fi. I'm going to see if it's possible for them to remotely bridge the device.

Thanks for the help.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7