Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi WiFi System

kmkting
Aspirant

Orbi WiFi System

If I change the password to our Orbi WiFi system, will previously conncected devices be unable to connect?

Message 1 of 4
MarkC1024
Luminary

If you change the password to your wireless network (SSID), you are correct.  The router itself has it's own password for admin functions.  Changing that password won't impact who connects to your network.

Message 2 of 4
kmkting
Aspirant

Thanks. But, I am unclear on your response.  We no longer want to allow access to a device that has current access.  Our Orbi is conncected thru a an Xfinity gateway.  The gateway's wifi has been disabled.  Hence, losing the parental controls capability thru Xfinity's gateway.   

Message 3 of 4
MarkC1024
Luminary

The router itself, where can login to configure your wireless network, has a password.  By default it's "password" and you login as "admin".  The wireless network, which I think you're referring to, has it's own.  If you change that, then those that could previously connect to your wireless network, will no longer be able to.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7