Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi WiFi System

Paiatz
Guide

Orbi WiFi System

Hello all,

i have a ORBI RBK50 system and i want to connect Reolink Argus Wire-Free Cam´s to it.

This Cameras are working only with 2.4 mHz. Why is this not possible ?

regard

R.Pojeti

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
st_shaw
Master

Try unchecking "Enable 20/40 MHz Coexistence" under Advanced, Advanced Setup, Wireless Settings, in the Orbi GUI. 

There's a chance that might allow your 2.4 GHz device to connect.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8

All Replies
st_shaw
Master

Try unchecking "Enable 20/40 MHz Coexistence" under Advanced, Advanced Setup, Wireless Settings, in the Orbi GUI. 

There's a chance that might allow your 2.4 GHz device to connect.

Message 2 of 8
shwnwllms
Tutor

You might also try turning on the Guest Network if that doesn't work, I had a 2.4 Ghz device that wouldn't connect via the regular 2.4 Ghz channel but had no problem on the Guest Network.

Message 3 of 8
Paiatz
Guide

after  electricity issue i lost the connection to my cam´s (2,4 GHz) i tryed to check and uncheck "Enable 20/40 MHz Coexistence" but nothing helps. the CAM´s are niot able to find the ORBI Wlan..any suggestions what i can do ??

Message 4 of 8
st_shaw
Master

I suspect the problem is related to the latest firmware.  I can no longer connect to one 2.4G device that I could connect to on the last firware.  Changing the coexistence setting has no effect.

Message 5 of 8
Paiatz
Guide

Thx for information... and now ? should this be corrected ? could i do a downgrade of the Firmware ??

Message 6 of 8
st_shaw
Master

You could download the  older firmware to confirm it's an issue with the newer firmware. The latest firmware is 1.11.0.20.

The older version 1.10.1.2 is here: https://kb.netgear.com/000038700

But, if you downgrade the firmware it will automatically update shortly afterwards.  So, you will need to wait for newer firmware and hope the issue is fixed.

It's probably a good idea to contact support and open a ticket to be sure they are aware of the issue.

Message 7 of 8
st_shaw
Master

@Paiatz I was mistaken about not being able to connect to my old 2.4 GHz device.  It turns out I can connect to it after all.  The IP address of the device had changed. It was hard to detect this because Orbi never shows this device in the connected device list for some reason.

So, perhaps your cameras are connecting, and just had their IP address change.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7