Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi WiFi System

LSL9919
Initiate

Orbi WiFi System

If it's possible to change orbi wifi 2.4 and 5 Ghz signal strength?
Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 12

Accepted Solutions
Showguy
Virtuoso

@LSL9919 wrote:

Up until recent firmware changes you were able to changing the 2.4gh radio strength. That ability has been taken away. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 12

All Replies
Showguy
Virtuoso

@LSL9919 wrote:

Up until recent firmware changes you were able to changing the 2.4gh radio strength. That ability has been taken away. 

Message 2 of 12

@LSL9919 wrote:

the question would be why , its far better to locate them so they have the bast backhaul connection and then the front haul transmissions shouldnt overlap each other

Message 3 of 12
gimpyahern
Aspirant

I have just purchased the Orbi AC3000.  I have Internet speeds up 150 – 160 Mb per second at the router.  I have installed the orbi router and satellite correctly.  I have an old house of 2009 ft.².  I am getting reasonable coverage tho not as good as advertised.

I am getting very good Wi-Fi signal in most places around the house.

However, it takes 30 to 45 seconds buffering to link to a normal News app, like sky News.  Indeed, it fails to link up to the Irish National News app.  Similarly, trying to access weather apps, they take ages to load up.

If I am listening to radio on my iPhone six, if I try and look up another website, while listening, the radio signal drops, and comes back when I exists the other website.

I just find that it takes ages for things to load up, but that once on the signal is solid and consistent.  The Wi-Fi signal shows 50 Mb per second download near the satellite, but the drops away to under 20 at the furthest end.

Has anyone any similar problems, and any solutions.  I tried to contact net gear support but I find it extremely difficult

Message 4 of 12

so you have a 2000 f sq house which tbh isnt that big and should be able to be covered by the orbi router its self without the sat

so in such a small area if your wifi is struggling then the building materials and or enviornmental conditions are coming into play and effecting the signal , so whats the house made of material wise internal walls wise and where is the orbi router and sat located

how far apart have you got the orbi router and sat apart and what do you mean by you have installed them correctly

here i have a 3500 sq ft house and an orbi router and 1 sat cover it fine my second sat is almost too much

Message 5 of 12
gimpyahern
Aspirant

It's not the spread that's the problem. It's that to open a website Thales at least 30 seconds even beside the router or satellite. The speeds on a test are very fast tho yet again to start the speed test using ookla app takes ages also
Message 6 of 12

this indicates you have a routing issue

Message 7 of 12
gimpyahern
Aspirant

Have you any suggestions as to how to correct this
Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 8 of 12

whats connected in front of the orbi and or other devices on your local area network , ip conflicts often cause this , you need to make sure you only have one router running and that all devices are using the dhcp server of the orbi if in router mode

Message 9 of 12
gimpyahern
Aspirant

The Orbi router is connected to the vodafone router which is Connected to the 150 fibre line and only a few mobile devices connected? I've switched off the wifi on the vodafone router.
Should I just put the fibre line directly into the orbi router and not use the vodafone router??
Message 10 of 12
martyfp
Luminary

is your Orbi in router mode or AP mode ?   In your configuration, I would expect that the Orbi needs to be setup as an AP otherwise you'll have two routers which could lead to IP conflicts as described.

Message 11 of 12

@gimpyahern wrote:
The Orbi router is connected to the vodafone router which is Connected to the 150 fibre line and only a few mobile devices connected? I've switched off the wifi on the vodafone router.
Should I just put the fibre line directly into the orbi router and not use the vodafone router??

you can try that and see if the orbi system will work directly with the 150 fiber line , if not just put the orbi in ap mode behind the vodafone router and switch the wifi of on the vodafone router

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7