Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi WiFi System

MWCA
Aspirant

Orbi WiFi System

How does the router manage security for hacks and attacks on all types of IoT devices

Message 1 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Orbi WiFi System

Hello Mwca

Orbi works just like any other router with encrypted wifi. Can you be more specific what you want to know.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 5
MWCA
Aspirant

Darren,

I understand ORBI can either bridge to a router, or be the router.  I'm using the latest Arris Docsis modem and Apple Airport Extreme as my router (last/current version) firewalling everything this side of the router.  If I use invest now in ORBI, how will it handle or obviate the need for the type of hacks like  the  Mirai attacks that compromised net-connected CCTV cameras, televisions and media servers in December.  Companies are coming out with new routers that expand (supposedly) secuity for Internet of Things type of device.  Intel is embedding it's security into some providers units.  Etc.

All I want to kow is that I am addressing this type of hacking exposure with new gear I buy.  Future proofing...

Thanks for your help

Message 3 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello MWCA

Any vulnerability that come out will be addressed by our engineering team in Firmware updates if they happen so yes it will be supported and patched if needed.

DarrenM

Message 4 of 5
MWCA
Aspirant

Thanks!

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation