Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Wifi Mesh System RBR20 intermittenly going off line

acres44
Aspirant

Orbi Wifi Mesh System RBR20 intermittenly going off line

I have  an ATT BGW210-700 in bridgemode to My RBR20.  The RBR20 is set to AP mode.  The router intermittently goes out and it is too frequent for me.  I had to hot fix firmare updated to the current version yesterday.  Has anyone else had/have this problem.  I also get 1000mbps but the router only shows me getting about 500 mbs to the router. Nay help would be appreciated.                                                                        

Message 1 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi Wifi Mesh System RBR20 intermittenly going off line

Perhaps you could provide more detail.  If the modem is in "bridge mode" and the Orbi is in Access Point (AP) mode, then there is no router to provide IP addresses to the Orbi clients.  There should be no internet access at all.  My guess is that something is not set the way it is supposed to be set.

Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Crimpon is correct, if you have the RBR in AP mode, then the ISP modem needs to be in router mode. 

1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge or modem only mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ/ExposedHost or IP Pass-Through for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the Orbi router. https://kb.netgear.com/31218/How-do-I-configure-my-Orbi-router-to-act-as-an-access-point and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7LOcJ8GdDo&app=desktop

Message 3 of 5
acres44
Aspirant

Well originally when I set it up I just connected the orbi system to the modem and i had two networks in the house. I wanted to turn off the other one. I called Att and I told them to turn off the router in the modem and they said they were going to bridge it.  I can see the modem hooked to the router in my Orbi app.  When i go to my att app i can see everthing that is attached to the orbi router. it has att ip addresses. before they bridged it the ip addresses were 10.0.0..... now they are 192..168. Im pretty sure I put it in AP mode....i will check when i get home...Also I do not know why i get 1000mbps to my gateway but only get 500 to the RBR20

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

I would verify that the modem is bridged fully. If it's bridged, your RBR will be getting a ##.##.###.### kind of IP address, not a 10 or 192 address on the WAN side and thus the RBR would need to be in router mode. If ATT only turns OFF the wifi radios on the modem, then the RBR should be in AP mode. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7