Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Wifi Satellite Has a Solid White Light On Top. RBS50

BRye
Tutor

Orbi Wifi Satellite Has a Solid White Light On Top. RBS50

I purchased the Orbi with the 2 RBS50 satellites. Everything was working fine until I moved one of the satellites from one room to another and now it will not reconnect. The light on the top is constantly white. I tried to re-sync and even hit the reset button, but nothing has worked so far. Does anyone have a solution?

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 12
Streak2
Master

Re: Orbi Wifi Satellite Has a Solid White Light On Top. RBS50

Did you hold the reset button in for about 6 or 7 seconds until the green power light flashed amber?

Message 2 of 12
BRye
Tutor

I just tried it after the unit is on and the light doesn't change from solid green. When I hold the reset button as I hit power it does light up amber for a few seconds. Is something supposed to happen? It eventually flashes amber also, but turns green again and appears to do nothing?
Message 3 of 12
Streak2
Master

Are you using a paper clip in the tiny reset hole?

With the unit powered on, insert the paper clip until you here the little internal button click.

Hold it in for a few seconds until the green power light starts flashing amber, then release.

That will do a full factory reset.

Message 4 of 12
BRye
Tutor

Yes, I am using a paperclip and I do hear a click. I hold it for at least a minute, but the light never changes from solid green.

Message 5 of 12
Streak2
Master

That's odd. I recently did the exact same reset procedure.

http://netgear-us.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/31486/~/how-do-i-reset-my-orbi-system-to-fact...

Move the RBS50 closer to the RBR50 then try and power cycle the RBS50 to see if it will reconnect.

If you have not factory reset it then it you should not have to resync after moving the satellite to another location.

Message 6 of 12
BRye
Tutor

I tried to move it closer and do the reset procedures found in the manual. It doesn't respond any different. The satellite does not respond to anything. It just stays solid white on top and a solid green LED on the back.

When I try to do the reset after powering it on, nothing happens.

Can it be plugged in via usb or ethernet for a reset or diagnostic? 

Message 7 of 12
Streak2
Master

It looks like it may be time to contact support.

Before doing that lets bring @DarrenM into the loop in case there is something else that you can try.

Message 8 of 12
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Brye

are you able to plug a Ethernet into the unit and then find the default gateway of the unit then try to log into that unit. If you can log in try to re flash the firmware if you can not I would contact support as @Streak2 suggested.

DarrenM

Message 9 of 12
JCvanDoorn
Aspirant

Hi BRye,

I'm having the exact same problem. Did you manage to fix your issue somehow? It would be great if you could share any solution you had.

Thank you very much!

Jeremy

Message 10 of 12
Streak2
Master

Jeremy,

When you log into your orbi system http://orbilogin.com/ is it not seeing the RBS50?

How many satellites is it reporting?

If it's not seeing the satellite then have you tried to resync or reset/resync?

https://kb.netgear.com/31018/How-do-I-sync-my-Orbi-router-and-satellite

Message 11 of 12
JCvanDoorn
Aspirant

Hi Streak2,

I have two satellites, but only one is connecting. The other just sits there with the solid white ring LED on.
I've now gone through a support case and it was determined that the unit was faulty and it will be replaced by Netgear.

Best regards and thanks for your time!

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7