Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Wifi Speeds Suck!

LilSnoop40
Aspirant

Orbi Wifi Speeds Suck!

hello i have had the orbi for about a month now, wasn't having any issues until today.  when i went from no issues using wifi to now my speeds won't go higher then 19mbps.  i am paying for 150mbps, if i plug my laptop into the router the speed test show up to 220mpbs.  if i plug my laptop into the orbi router and do a speed test the speeds show 150-220mbps no issues.  once i try using any wifi devices, very slow.  i have tried power cycling both my router and modem.  i did the restore of the orbi modem, still crap.  this just randomly happened, the guy that called me was having me do everything that i have tried and it was very frustrating that nothing was working.  i need this fixed, how can the wifi just stop working or even just drop to poor levels?

Model:  AC3000 Tri-Band Wifi RBK50

Firmware:  1.8.0.6

Thanks

Message 1 of 2
TheEther
Guru

Re: Orbi Wifi Speeds Suck!

Wi-Fi uses radio waves.  You should investigate whether a new source of interference is causing your issue.  Did you introduce any new wireless devices recently? A wireless speaker or cordless telephone?  Did you run a Wi-Fi analyzer and take a survey of active Wi-Fi networks around you?  Maybe a neighbor added Wi-Fi and is now stomping on the same channel(s) used by your Orbi.

Of course, a bug in the Orbi is possible, too, but eliminate other, more likely factors first before pinning the blame on the Orbi.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7