Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi Wireless Multicast / VLAN tagging

angr
Star

Orbi Wireless Multicast / VLAN tagging

Hi,

I've been owning a RBK50-kit for +6 months, and recently added an additional 2x RBK40 and 1x RBK30 to get better coverage in my rather large house.

I have a IPTV-box that requires multicast / VLAN tagging, and my TV is nowhere near possible to connect physically to my router so I need to solve this via either Wireless or Ethernet -> Satellite connectivity. 

Reading the manual (http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RBK50/Orbi_UM_EN.pdf), there seems to be plenty of options for wireless tagging, however none of which are available to me. I'm on the last available firmware on router + all satellites, but my only option for tagging is via port 1- 3, and I don't have the "wireless checkbox" available. 

ManualManualMy setupMy setup

Has anyone done this successfully? Any hints? 

Thanks!

Model: RBK30| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System, RBK40| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System, RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 5
angr
Star

Re: Orbi Wireless Multicast / VLAN tagging

Anyone?

Message 2 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello angr 

I will check as to why you can not select a wireless port.

DarrenM

Message 3 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Orbi does not support wireless VLAN at this time but may be added in the future. This was a misprint in the user manual and will be corrected sorry about that.

DarrenM

Message 4 of 5
angr
Star

Hi @DarrenM

Thanks for checking for me. 

This would be a really great feature, especially considering the usage-cases with Orbi (extended wireless). To limit this functionality to only physical ports on the router really makes no sence. An alternative would be to allow VLAN taggig on physical ports on the satellites at least. 

Anyway, thanks for confirming!

Cheers

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7