Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi access control randomly blocking devices

ibanezdropd
Follower

Orbi access control randomly blocking devices

My orbi has randomly started blocking devices in the access control list since the last two firmware updates.  When it switches them it is annoying, but easily fixed.   However, with the latest firmware update today it has started blocking wireless devices, but still leaves their status as "Allowed".  My only option to change it to "allow all new devices".

Please fix this issue.   It only seems to affect wirelss devices.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi access control randomly blocking devices

@ibanezdropd wrote:

Situations such as this are really frustrating.  As far as I can tell, Netgear has no method for customers to report problems.They provide 90 days of "complimentary support" with a purchase, but after that period expires the only way to contact Netgear support is (a) to have purchased extended support within that 90 days, or (b) to subscribe to their "Gearhead" all-purpose technical support service (sort of like Best Buy's Geek Squad).

The Netgear community forums, such as this one, are where customers talk to each other about the products, ask questions, make suggestions, etc. etc.  None of us are Netgear employees and we have no contact with anyone at Netgear who would accept a problem report, much less act on it.  I have never seen evidence of any Netgear engineer having any part in the forums.  The only avenue open to us is to post a private message directly to one of the forum moderators (with a big letter "N" after their name).  Honestly, I don't know if the moderators are Netgear employees, or simply volunteers with special capabilities.

As I said above, I would be much happier if Netgear had a "problem mailbox" to receive reports. No guarantee of "support".  Maybe they think that enough new customers will contact them during that 90 day window for the company to be aware of what's going on.

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi access control randomly blocking devices

Has IP addresss reservations been setup for each device your trying to control? 

Try a factor reset and setup from scratch and setup IP address reservatsion for the devices you wan to control then configure the control.

@ibanezdropd wrote:

My orbi has randomly started blocking devices in the access control list since the last two firmware updates.  When it switches them it is annoying, but easily fixed.   However, with the latest firmware update today it has started blocking wireless devices, but still leaves their status as "Allowed".  My only option to change it to "allow all new devices".

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7