Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi already registered - YES, it WAS registered to ME.

TomSz
Aspirant

Orbi already registered - YES, it WAS registered to ME.

Bought this new out of the box from BestBuy.

Had it configured.

Needed to reset as I would not login with my admin password.

Cannot register as it says it is already reigstered to another user, but when I go to the netgear site, I see an OLDER netgear router listed there but not this one. While it is concievable that I used a different email, I sincerely doubt it.

How can I get this router I have had since I purchased at BestBuy associated with my account?

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

You'll need to contact NG support.

@Blanca_O 

Message 2 of 4
TomSz
Aspirant

Blanca, that would be wonderful!  However the ONLY link I could find for NetGear support required my to buy some type of support plan.

I bought an ORBI at BestBuy.

Do I REALLY need to buy a service plan for this level of service?  OR is there some email address or online portal that can help me with this?  ... I have had NetGear routers for 20+ (?) years ... not sure I ever needed to ask them for support before... seems an odd way to do business since it is THEIR website telling me MY router is registered to someone else.

Message 3 of 4
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @TomSz

Please send me a private message with the following information by clicking on this link

Name

Email address

Device Serial number

Regards,
Blanca
Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation