Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi & Circle?

snaptopixel
Tutor

Orbi & Circle?

Are the current firmware issues related to Circle, or other things? Is there any chance we could get a firmware update with only the Circle features and nothing else (no wired backhaul ,etc)?

I'm spending money each month on similar services and would like to switch over to Circle only (one of the main reasons I bought Orbi) and this is frustrating, especially being that it is still advertised and marketed as working 😞

Image%202018-03-21%20at%2010.48.47%20AMImage%202018-03-21%20at%2010.49.51%20AM

Message 1 of 4
Starbucky
Apprentice

I'm using Circle with the RBK50 and firmware 2.1.2.18 (pulled version) and I don't see any issues with it. I don't use wired backhaul at the moment. I also signed up for Circle premium which I don't belive changes anything on the Orbi router.

Message 2 of 4
snaptopixel
Tutor

Where did you get the firmware? I’ve updated to the latest available 2.0 something. I bet you probably got the firmware before they pulled it down 🧐
Message 3 of 4
Starbucky
Apprentice

You have to manually download under "View Previous Versions" in the downloads section for your particular product. Download the firmware files both the router and satellite and apply them manually using the web interface. It is recommended to apply the firmware to the satellite first then the router.  

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7