Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi and ATT Uverse IPTV

gr8sho
Virtuoso

Re: Orbi and ATT Uverse IPTV

@FURRYe38 wrote:

When in AP mode the Orbi acts only as a data traffic pass-thru. You should be able to access any and all data sources. I would review the main host routers configuration. 

Please elaborate, as I see nothing to do on the host router.  While the assertion is fine, even a dumb switch needs to understand how to handle multicast traffic.  I followed the instructions found here.

Message 51 of 52
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi and ATT Uverse IPTV

AP mode disables most of not all and any routing abilities of the RBR when it was in router mode. When in AP mode, any traffice, multi cast or not, should just pass thru the Orbi when in AP mode. No sure if handling of any multi cast traffic would cause a problem for Orbi. To rule this out or point to the problem, one would have to replace the Orbi in AP mode with something else that runs in AP mode and add an extender to replicate the problem seen. Then if the problem still appears, we presume it would be a host router issue. If the problem doesn't reproduce, then something in Orbi isn't passing thru the multicast traffic while in AP mode. 

Message 52 of 52
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 51 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7