Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi and Ambient Weather 2902 - Not able to report weather to Internet

Trmmcd
Aspirant

Orbi and Ambient Weather 2902 - Not able to report weather to Internet

87C7C97D-2A31-4DFE-B65E-5119D58D71BC.jpeg

I have an Orbi router and an Ambient Weather 2902 station.  The Weather Station connects to the Orbi without issue and I can see that it is connected using the Orbi app. However, the Weather Station is unable to report its weather to the internet.    I have tried all of the Ambient resolution steps including rebooting the router and have verified Mac Addresses etc.   Is there a setting on the router that needs to be changed to allow this device to report to the internet (Internet access is turned on) If so, I can't see where that might need to be changed.

Model: CBR40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Trmmcd
Aspirant

Thanks for the input. This started working. I’m not sure what changed though. For those who have had issues with 2.4Ghz vs. 5Ghz this is working fine now on a mesh satellite node broadcasting both frequencies which is what I would have expected.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

It appears that the local network part of the process is complete.  There is another item farther down the FAQ about

"Does  not update Ambient weather net" about using the Ambient weather app to set a schedule, check the password, etc.

Message 2 of 5
CrimpOn
Guru

@antinode wrote:

How did you manage to get an IP address like 10.0.1.24 out of it?

Did you configure the CBR40 that way intentionally, or do you have
another router, too, or what?

That is an interesting question. 10.0.1.x is a valid private subnet, although certainly not typical for an Orbi router.  The CBR40 connects directly to the cable coax and the device claims to be connected to the Orbi, so another router would seem to be unlikely.

This is the first IoT device I have seen where the User Manual specifically mentions mesh networks (Google, Orbi, eero).

Internet setup begins about page 29 of the user manual:

https://ambientweather.com/mwdownloads/download/link/id/449/ 

My guess remains a typo in setting up the internet link (Ambient Weather, Weather Underground, Weather Cloud).  MAC addresses are the very devil to get correct (I am forever getting 'B' and '8' confused. And I did not read closely enough to see if passwords are visible when entered or hidden by asterisks or dots. Autocorrect on Android has ruined a lot of my entries (putting a space after a period, for example).

Message 3 of 5
Trmmcd
Aspirant

Thanks for the input. This started working. I’m not sure what changed though. For those who have had issues with 2.4Ghz vs. 5Ghz this is working fine now on a mesh satellite node broadcasting both frequencies which is what I would have expected.
Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

If you have the CBK/R40 system, be sure to visit and post about this over in the Orbi with Cable modem forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-with-Built-in-Cable-Modem/bd-p/en-home-orbi-cable

Thank you. 

@Trmmcd wrote:

87C7C97D-2A31-4DFE-B65E-5119D58D71BC.jpeg

I have an Orbi router and an Ambient Weather 2902 station.  The Weather Station connects to the Orbi without issue and I can see that it is connected using the Orbi app. However, the Weather Station is unable to report its weather to the internet.    I have tried all of the Ambient resolution steps including rebooting the router and have verified Mac Addresses etc.   Is there a setting on the router that needs to be changed to allow this device to report to the internet (Internet access is turned on) If so, I can't see where that might need to be changed.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7