Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi and Arlo Pro 2 Camera

TropicalDoc
Initiate

Orbi and Arlo Pro 2 Camera

I have the Orbi router with 3 Satellites connected.  I purchased the Arlo Pro Wireless Camera system and have 5 cameras hooked up to it.  My question is :

Is there a way to hook the Arlo Base station into the entire Orbi network so the cameras run off the wifi, not just off the base station.  I tried attaching the base station to a satellite with an ethernet connection, now I have the base station hooked directly into the Orbi router with an ethernet cable.  I have cameras in an area that has excellent wifi reception, but is too far from the base station to get a good signal.

Thank You

Model: RBR50| Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi (Router Only)
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 2 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @TropicalDoc

Thank you for reaching out to the community for suggestions. Unfortunately, this configuration would not work. However, if most of your cameras capture good Wi-Fi in an area where one of your satellites is set up, you may want to connect your Arlo base station to that satellite. 

For other configurations from other Arlo community members, I suggest you look into the Arlo Community: 

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Smart-Home-Security/ct-p/Arlo

~Christian 

Message 3 of 5
TropicalDoc
Initiate

Can I purchase a second base station or Netgear wifi extender to add range to the current syste?.  Unfortunately all my cameras cannot be captured by the wifi of just one satellite. Cost is not an problem, I just want to solve the issue.

Thank you

Message 4 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello @TropicalDoc

Yes, you may use a second base station to extend the range of your cameras as mentioned in this Arlo thread. 

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro/Two-base-stations/td-p/1282848

~Christian 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 7 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7