Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi and Comcast modem router

richards10
Aspirant

Orbi and Comcast modem router

I have Comcast broadband service and use a router/modem.  I've bought an Orbi model RBK22 with router and satellite.

The instructions I've read on how to get the Orbi and the Comast router/modem working together seem very technical for me.  Is there any clear set of instructions on how I have to configure the Comast router and the Orbi so I can get the Orbi satellite to provide coverage in the parts of my house which have little coverage now?

I've tried to insert the internet cord into the Comcast modem and there doesn't seem an open jack in it that would accept the Orbi plug.  I need some technical help if I'm going to figure out how to do this.

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi and Comcast modem router

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too? 

Modem Combo Units:
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the Orbi router.

https://kb.netgear.com/31218/How-do-I-configure-my-Orbi-router-to-act-as-an-access-point

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7