Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi and Directv Mac Address

omgiv
Aspirant

Orbi and Directv Mac Address

I purchased the Orbi system yesterday after having tried the Eero mesh system and being unimpressed.  The setup wasn't quite as simple as the Eero but the performance is above and beyond.  

The reason I am writing is that I was trying to get a handle on the devices connected to my network and I have an entry that is giving me trouble.  I have Directv for my television service and currently have 2 HD receivers and 1 HD DVR with a wired cinema connection kit attached to the Orbi satellite.  I see 3 devices under my list of connected devices that I believe are associated with Directv.  The problem is that one of them  says "blocked" under the status tab even though I haven't blocked anything.  It has an IP address but the MAC address is not correct.  Instead of pairs of numbers and letters, it is "/OrbiDevName1>".  The address cannot be edited so I am at a loss of what to do.  I have unplugged the CCK and also unplugged it from the Orbi and reconnected it to a different port on the back of the satellite.  I am hoping that someone can help or point me in the correct direction to fix it.  Thanks in advance for the help!

Message 1 of 19

Accepted Solutions
gfrey
Apprentice

Ignore my post earlier, my DirecTV Genie HR54 was an issue on DirecTV side.  They fixed my account settings and everything works fine now.  VoD is still unstable but I am pretty positive it is an issue with DirecTV starting the Now service and not being able to keep up with bandwidth.

View solution in original post

Message 17 of 19

All Replies
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello omgiv

Are you on the latest firmware 1.4.0.34?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 19
omgiv
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply.  I am on the most current firmware both on the router and satellite. Still have the same issue unfortunately.

Message 3 of 19
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello omgiv

I checked and this is still a bug that our engineers are working on but the unit showing blocked is still working?

DarrenM

Message 4 of 19
omgiv
Aspirant

Thank you for checking. The device is indeed working.
Message 5 of 19
nhraj700
Aspirant

New owner of ORBI here. Going through all of the screens and I noticed It looks like I am plagued with this issue of weird mac address too.  Is this going to be fixed soon?

2017-03-14_18-15-16.jpg

2017-03-14_18-37-29.jpg

Message 6 of 19
Bing-Stroller
Luminary

I have just done the latest firmware update (v1.8.0.6) and they are still appearing in my attached devices.

So it looks as though we are going to have to put up with them for a while longer !

Message 7 of 19
nhraj700
Aspirant

Thank you for the response and also informing me of another firmware update..  I just upgraded the firmware to 1.5.0.12 from 1.2.0.6 over the weekend. I didn't realize another update was out. Thanks again!

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 8 of 19
Bing-Stroller
Luminary

Just had a new addition to my device list, actually the device has been connected for some time and was reporting correctly. Cannot think of any changes that i have made.

Status    Blocked,

Device Name    �Z牼dK�k��R�&#38 

IP    192.168.1.5

MAC     (Thats it, # is the reported MAC)

Connection    Wired

Its actually a Motorola Scout 85 IP Camera

Stating the obvious - still not fixed then.

Message 9 of 19
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Bing-Stroller  

What Firmware version are you on?

DarrenM

Message 10 of 19
Bing-Stroller
Luminary

Hi DarrenM,

Running Firmware V1.8.0.6

(Just rechecked and no newer version available)

Actually that Moto IP Camera is now reporting correctly, But my Asustor Hardwired NAS, Wireless Amazon Echo and a different Moto Wireless IP Camera are all reporting as Blocked and /OrbiDevName4> as the MAC. (different number for each)

Billy

Message 11 of 19
semi_true
Initiate

I'm also having the "/OrbiDevName1>" issue. Running firmware v1.8.0.6. Very frustrating!!

Message 12 of 19
gfrey
Apprentice

My DirecTV Genie HR54 shows up just fine under Attached Devices but I am having VOD issues.  I am beginning to think it is the HR54 as I have tried numerous things to get VOD to stop failing.  I have been using the DECA attached straight into the Router.  I tried removing it and plugging the HR54 into the Router.  Finally I tried the HR54 Wifi which was horrible.  HR54 Wifi kept disconnecting within feet of the Router.  So I am pretty sure it must be the HR54 as I have 1Gbps fiber internet.  I have no problems at all streaming 4k Netflix or any other streaming service.  I also can't access my HR54 in my DirecTV app to watch DVR content.  Anyone else having any of these issues?

Message 13 of 19
Bing-Stroller
Luminary

This is driving me crazy.

Last night everything except my Asustor NAS reported correctly.

Just checking tonight and find that as well as the NAS, one of two Harmony Hubs and a Moto IP Cam have joined the fun and games and are reporting incorrectly.

Has anyone tried a factory reset and noticed an improvement or is it just a matter of waiting until it is sorted ?

Billy

Message 14 of 19
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Everyone 

I checked on this issue and the fix is coming in a upcoming firmware.

DarrenM

Message 15 of 19
Bing-Stroller
Luminary

Hi DarrenM

Many thanks for the update.

Message 16 of 19
gfrey
Apprentice

Ignore my post earlier, my DirecTV Genie HR54 was an issue on DirecTV side.  They fixed my account settings and everything works fine now.  VoD is still unstable but I am pretty positive it is an issue with DirecTV starting the Now service and not being able to keep up with bandwidth.

Message 17 of 19
Miki24
Aspirant

Hello DarrenM,

Which version of the firmware is going to have this update, beause I have V1.8.0.6 and I still seeing the same issue described on this thread (/OrbiDevName1>), but on my Yamaha receiver.

Thanks,

Message 18 of 19
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Miki24

I do not have a version number at the moment but I know it is coming.

DarrenM

Message 19 of 19
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 18 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7