Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi and Draytek issue

mdroyle
Aspirant

Orbi and Draytek issue

I have used the Orbi in AP mode v succesfully with BT Smarthub and also a Netgear modem. I now want to use a Draytek 2862 for the routing with Orbi still in AP mode. But when I introduce the Draytek the Orbi flashes magenta and I can't see it on the network - although I can see the satellite and other devices, and I can connect to the internet. So I can't administer the Orbi and unsure if devices can connect to it directly via wifi.

I assume there is a setting onthe Draytek that isn't correct but all views and insights welcome. 

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Try a power OFF of both new modem and Orbi for 30 seconds then back on. 

When in AP mode the Orbi RBR should get a IP address from the modem. Should setup the same way as the other modems. 

Try a factory reset on the RBR and setup from scratch and configure AP mode. Do other devices connected to the modem get an IP address? 

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

@mdroyle wrote:

I have used the Orbi in AP mode v succesfully with BT Smarthub and also a Netgear modem. I now want to use a Draytek 2862 for the routing with Orbi still in AP mode. But when I introduce the Draytek the Orbi flashes magenta and I can't see it on the network - although I can see the satellite and other devices, and I can connect to the internet. So I can't administer the Orbi and unsure if devices can connect to it directly via wifi.

I assume there is a setting onthe Draytek that isn't correct but all views and insights welcome. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7