Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi and Knighthawk D7800 working together

metime
Star

Orbi and Knighthawk D7800 working together

Hi All, 

I have a Nighthawk X4S D7800 but needed better coverage of WiFi so bought 3 Orbi mesh network routers. Can anyone please advise what configuration I need to put each of the devices in. Orbi RBR50 is in router mode, and down as not needing a password and login from my ISP. my Dl800 is also in router mode but wifi switched off and uses the login for ISP, and I HAVENT enabled Access Point mode as when I do nothing works. it is currently working with Orbi as the wifi but Im not sure this is correct as i do keep having issues with my wifi? 

Any help would be great?

Model: D7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 2
Mstrbig
Master

Re: Orbi and Knighthawk D7800 working together

@metime wrote:

Hi All, 

I have a Nighthawk X4S D7800 but needed better coverage of WiFi so bought 3 Orbi mesh network routers. Can anyone please advise what configuration I need to put each of the devices in. Orbi RBR50 is in router mode, and down as not needing a password and login from my ISP. my Dl800 is also in router mode but wifi switched off and uses the login for ISP, and I HAVENT enabled Access Point mode as when I do nothing works. it is currently working with Orbi as the wifi but Im not sure this is correct as i do keep having issues with my wifi? 

Any help would be great?

If you are going to keep the Nighthawk in router mode with WIFI off, set the Orbi router to AP mode. You will nbeed to reboot the Nighthawk router when changing the Orbi to AP mode. Otherwise the Orbi will never connect.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7