Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi and Mac OS X High Sierra - ReadyShare Incompatible

Snoocher
Aspirant

Orbi and Mac OS X High Sierra - ReadyShare Incompatible

I've seen a couple of threads with mention of this - but here's one as the sole topic. I've been on the phone with the Netgear helpless desk for over an hour trying to get the beta version (2.4) of ReadyShare which supposedly works with OS X 10.13.x (High Sierra). It's been frustrating and fruitless and now they just have me on permanent hold. Passive aggressive and useless customer service.

Another question - why do I have to use ReadyShare anyway? Previous routers I've had were just plug and play (in that, plug in the USB cord and the printer or scanner would just work). I thought Orbi was supposed to be easy to use.

Can anyone help?

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 2
Snoocher
Aspirant

Re: Orbi and Mac OS X High Sierra - ReadyShare Incompatible

Update...useless rep decided on her own that I was having an issue with the Netgear Genie software...which of course I wasn't using because I have an Orbi. She spent over 30 minutes on the phone with the Level 2 tech guy, also annoying him, with all of this when he figured out that my issue was...surprise...High Sierra vs. ReadyShare.

He called me and gave me the Beta Version which also doesn't work for me. He's going to research it and get back to me. In the interim, just setup it up with Bonjour and the old HP prints with no problem.

Why does Netgear over complicate this?

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7