Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi and Nest Protect issues.

GadgetGuy
Apprentice

Orbi and Nest Protect issues.

I've been using Orbi for a couple of weeks and so far no issues. Until today when I realized my Nest Protect (fire alarm) is not connected to the network.
I did a full reset on the Nest, I got to see the 'nest' network on my wifi list on my iPhone, but then, it times out and says I have no network at home. And I do. Since everything else works.
Nest tech support is pretty usuless. They will just tell me that Orbi is not on the unsupported list. (Since they don't know what that is).
Any ideas?
PS: I'm connected through Fios.
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
GadgetGuy
Apprentice

Re: Orbi and Nest Protect issues.

I'm going to answer my own question, since I just figured out the issue.  

For some reason, deleting Nest from your account and resseting it does not work. It will not conn ct to Orbi. But a factory reset did the trick. 

To do a factory reset on Nest Protect so it will work with Orbi, just hold the main button until it turns blue. Continue holding until Nest starts telling you it's serial number. Release the button before Nest is done reading it. It will ask you to do a complete set up again, and with Orbi's great network it worked like a charm. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
GadgetGuy
Apprentice

Re: Orbi and Nest Protect issues.

I'm going to answer my own question, since I just figured out the issue.  

For some reason, deleting Nest from your account and resseting it does not work. It will not conn ct to Orbi. But a factory reset did the trick. 

To do a factory reset on Nest Protect so it will work with Orbi, just hold the main button until it turns blue. Continue holding until Nest starts telling you it's serial number. Release the button before Nest is done reading it. It will ask you to do a complete set up again, and with Orbi's great network it worked like a charm. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 3 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7