Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi and Virgin suoerhub 3.0

mrcat777
Aspirant

Orbi and Virgin suoerhub 3.0

I have a virgin media superhub 3.0 which I’ve put in modem mode and connected the orbi via an Ethernet cable to use as a router (I was trying to extend coverage of my WiFi in my house) 

i can see the orbi network but it doesn’t connect to the internet via the modem. 

The modem keeps rebooting and no and no internet connection can be established

the superhub 3.0 works fine as a router and WiFi/internet works

please advise if anyone can suggest a solution or I’m going to have to send the orbi back!!

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Modem Combo Units:
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the Orbi router.

Try option #2...

Message 2 of 5
mrcat777
Aspirant

Thx for the help. How do I see what ip address the orbi gets from the modem? 

Message 3 of 5

i have a similar setup, virgin hub 3, an Orbi Router and 3 Orbi Sats (big house, lots of other hubs and thick walls). The only success I have had (and knock on wood, good so far), is have the Virgin Hub do all the routing, turn off Wifis on it, and i then put orbi router in AP mode.  I got more stability seperating the SSIDs as well on the router.  A word of warning on that though, any slight change to Wifi configuration like changing 2.4Ghz channel  will recombine your SSID, better to make your wifi adjustments first before splitting SSID.  There are posts on this site on how to do that.  Good luck! 🙂

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

On the Advanced Tab page you should see status of the Orbi system. 

Also look at the modems connected clients page for the IP address of the Orbi as well.

@mrcat777 wrote:

Thx for the help. How do I see what ip address the orbi gets from the modem? 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7