Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi and iOS compatible?

Bigguy1
Aspirant

Orbi and iOS compatible?

Having trouble with all ios and tvOS devices since I installed orbi: phones, iPads, Apple TVs. Cannot download apps, HBO GO and Netflix media wont play, Apple Music won’t play. Running on v2.3.1.44. Connected directly to arris sb6141 cable modem. Everything works great on my old Netgear N750 router and my Apple airtime router, but no joy on the orbi. Somethings work, but looks like a conflict or authentication issue when trying to play media on Apple devices.
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Try setting a custom DNS address of 1.1.1.1 and 9.9.9.9

Orbi is iOS compatible. 

Has the ISP modem and Orbi been powered off for 1 minute then power ON the modem and let it sync then power ON the Orbi base and then try? 

The Orbi is directly connected to the modem correct? 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Try setting a custom DNS address of 1.1.1.1 and 9.9.9.9

Orbi is iOS compatible. 

Has the ISP modem and Orbi been powered off for 1 minute then power ON the modem and let it sync then power ON the Orbi base and then try? 

The Orbi is directly connected to the modem correct? 

Message 2 of 8
Bigguy1
Aspirant

Correction, it’s amazon prime media that will not play on Apple devices. Netflix works just fine.
Message 3 of 8
Bigguy1
Aspirant

Thanks for the quick response. Had already tried the power on sequence but will give it another go. Will try the custom dns and report back.
Message 4 of 8
SW_
Prodigy
Prodigy

@Bigguy1 wrote:

Having trouble with all ios and tvOS devices since I installed orbi: phones, iPads, Apple TVs. Cannot download apps,

Ignore this if you don't use Disney Circle.  If Disney Circle is enabled, try to disable it and then reboot the router.  Disney Circle takes a few minutes to take effect.

Message 5 of 8
Bigguy1
Aspirant

Thank you. I have not turned the Disney s/w on yet. Was looking forward to trying it if I can get this darned thing to work.
Message 6 of 8
Bigguy1
Aspirant

Yay! The custom DNS assignments solved the problem! Thank you very much.
Message 7 of 8
gr8sho
Virtuoso

FWIW, those DNS are not so much custom as they are alternative services, Cloudflare and quad 9 respectively. Odd though that your ISP is failing. I’d still be concerned about that.
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7