Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi and satilite go offline daily

Cajigasjd
Follower

Orbi and satilite go offline daily

Model RBR20 filmware 2.2.1.210

WiFi Connection goes off daily. I need to reboot it via app to get it back online. Please help!
Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 1 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi and satilite go offline daily

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try disabling the following and see:
MIMO, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

If you updated to recent FW v.210, try enabling Daisy Chain. Some have mentioned that this seems to be working in reverse order, enabling means disabled actually.

Message 2 of 10
duanemusser
Aspirant

I have had a similar problem. My orbi was great for about 95 days. now, i have to reboot it daily. My Asus would do this automatically. It is annoying and frustrating.
Message 3 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

What model Orbi do you have?

What FW is currently loaded?
Is the Orbi system operating in Router or AP mode?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?
What WPA security modes are you using?

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Try disabling the following and see:
Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

@duanemusser wrote:
I have had a similar problem. My orbi was great for about 95 days. now, i have to reboot it daily. My Asus would do this automatically. It is annoying and frustrating.

Message 4 of 10
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @duanemusser

Do you have the latest firmware (v2.3.0.32) installed? If not, please update the firmware and let us know of the result. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 5 of 10
duanemusser
Aspirant

Blanca,
I do have the latest firmware.

As far as the previous suggestions, my signal inside is fine. It keeps dropping connection to the internet. My fiber modem is working fine.
Unless my ISP started enforcing DHCP expiration, I don't know what else would case it to stop connecting.
Message 6 of 10
Chuck_M
Mentor

@duanemusser wrote:
Blanca,
I do have the latest firmware..

I always question when people say this without specifying an actual version number.

Message 7 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

@duanemusser wrote:

Message 8 of 10
duanemusser
Aspirant

I looked again and I have FW V2.2.1.210. The firmware check says it is the latest version available.
I also noticed that RBR40 is not in the options above. Am I on the correct forum?
Message 9 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes. 

You can try the new FW update to see if it helps you out:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/New-NetGear-Orbi-20-40-Series-Firmware-Version-2-3-0-28/td-p/1...

You need to load the satellite first to v32, download v212 to the RBR40 first, then upgrade to v28. Manualy download the files and manually upgrade the FW using the RBRs UI. I would factory reset and setup from scratch both units after FW has been upgraded. 

@duanemusser wrote:
I looked again and I have FW V2.2.1.210. The firmware check says it is the latest version available.
I also noticed that RBR40 is not in the options above. Am I on the correct forum?

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7