Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi android app used to connect, now it says "C3000 The app does not support your router model"

scottds711
Aspirant

Orbi android app used to connect, now it says "C3000 The app does not support your router model"

The Orbi android app used to work just fine with my Orbi Router RBR50....until recently.

Now when it tries to log in, it says "C3000 The app does not support your router model".

Is this possible, that Netgear would take away support from an older model?

The app version is 2.2.10.527.

And all suggested solutions ( for example, trying to login via orbilogin.com or the 198 number ) do not work. However, my phone IS routing through the wireless router just fine.

Message 1 of 8
Chuck_M
Mentor

Re: Orbi android app used to connect, now it says "C3000 The app does not support your router m

What version of firmware is your router?

What mode is your router in?

Message 2 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi android app used to connect, now it says "C3000 The app does not support your router m

What FW is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

@scottds711 wrote:

The Orbi android app used to work just fine with my Orbi Router RBR50....until recently.

Now when it tries to log in, it says "C3000 The app does not support your router model".

Is this possible, that Netgear would take away support from an older model?

The app version is 2.2.10.527.

And all suggested solutions ( for example, trying to login via orbilogin.com or the 198 number ) do not work. However, my phone IS routing through the wireless router just fine.

Message 3 of 8
scottds711
Aspirant

Firmware is: V2.2.1.210

OPperation Mode is : AP

Message 4 of 8

I'm lost in the talk of Orbi and C3000.

The Orbi app is for Orbi hardware. The C3000 is a now slightly aged (2014) cable modem router.

The app for non-Orbi stuff is either the Netgear mobile Genie or the Nighthawk app for Nighthawk devices.

Visit the support pages for the C3000:

C3000 | Product | Support | NETGEAR

and you will read:

Note. The Genie App is only supported in the latest firmware version for this model .

Unfortunately, control of the firmware on cable modems is in the hands of the Internet service providers.

However, the download pages let you get a copy of the desktop app for your system.

Message 5 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Modem Combo Units:
This would be a double NAT condition which isn't recommended. Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ or IP Pass-Through for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the Orbi router. https://kb.netgear.com/31218/How-do-I-configure-my-Orbi-router-to-act-as-an-access-point and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7LOcJ8GdDo&app=desktop

@scottds711 wrote:

Firmware is: V2.2.1.210

OPperation Mode is : AP

Message 6 of 8
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Orbi android app used to connect, now it says "C3000 The app does not support your router model"

Hi @scottds711

A new Orbi app (v2.3) is available. Please update the app and let us know of the result. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 7 of 8
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Orbi android app used to connect, now it says "C3000 The app does not support your router model"

Hi @scottds711

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7