Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi ap not sending verification codes..new phone...same number

tomwullums
Aspirant

Orbi ap not sending verification codes..new phone...same number

Bought new Iphone 12, using the same number, but the app won't send a verification code to my phone. It will allow a check mark on the phone number, but when you hit continue, it does nothing. Still works to my email address, but the is cumbersome. Is it a pairing issue with the new phone? doesn't sound right, but troublesome. Any advise?

Message 1 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi ap not sending verification codes..new phone...same number

@tomwullums wrote:

Bought new Iphone 12, using the same number, but the app won't send a verification code to my phone. It will allow a check mark on the phone number, but when you hit continue, it does nothing. Still works to my email address, but the is cumbersome. Is it a pairing issue with the new phone? doesn't sound right, but troublesome. Any advise?

We see posts all the time about Disney Circle codes, and refer people to the comunity forum for Circle:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Circle-Smart-Parental-Controls/bd-p/en-home-circle 

Or, is this some other kind of verification code?

Message 2 of 4
tomwullums
Aspirant

Thanks Sensei,  but the verification code i'm talking about is the one the Orbi app sends (supposedly) to your phone so it can verify that you are the owner of your orbi network. It used to work, got a new apple phone with the same number, now it won't send a code via text..I have to send it to my email account.

Message 3 of 4
CrimpOn
Guru

@tomwullums wrote:

Thanks Sensei,  but the verification code i'm talking about is the one the Orbi app sends (supposedly) to your phone so it can verify that you are the owner of your orbi network. It used to work, got a new apple phone with the same number, now it won't send a code via text..I have to send it to my email account.

Well, how cool (I guess). Some form of "two factor authentication"?  Wonder how I missed that?

So, not only "I got nothin'", but I also have no idea what's going on.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7