Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi app feature request

Nsiddons
Apprentice

Orbi app feature request

I use IOS so I'm not sure if droids come with these features, but I was testing a clients Eero and noticed there app has so many features like built in speed test with upload and download speeds. This a feature I think the Orbi app needs. I don't like having a tons of apps on my phone and iPad that do the same darn thing. To get the most out of my Orbi I need genie and Orbi apps, some of the things we need the gene for should be moved to the orbi app. Not being able to setup guest wifi from the app this is just basic functionality we are missing here. The app looks very 2000ish. Why would I want my app to open up with my wifi info including password up on the screen. Some basic network statistics would be good like what is connected where. I don't expect the app to be a replacement for web login but we need way more than it's doing now. Just in case you don't wanna read my long drawn out request here it is in a list Netgear:

1. Ability to run speed tests in the orbi app upload and download

2. Ability to set up a guest network from Orbi app

3. Copy network map from genie app and add what device is connected to what unit

4. Copy traffic meter from genie app

5. Give the option to change the home screen from the ssid and password

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 7
Nsiddons
Apprentice

6. Best satellite placement map and signal strength when installing for maximum coverage( not sure how it would work but I saw this in another company's mesh router setup app)

Message 2 of 7

I was looking at a friends eero app as well and felt stupid ! He could see the sites all his kids surf by device, he can even group devices by child and shut them off. All this direct from the app, not the 1990 msdos looking app we have (your too kind with 2000ish) !

Bump

Message 3 of 7
Nsiddons
Apprentice

@constantine your right very 90ish. I think we as a community need to voice ourselves, kudos, and follow threads more. I was surprised to see that there wasn't another title like the ones I started in the Idea exchange area, and I'm super new. I noticed the more interaction and kudos a thread had the quicker changes are made. Saw this on other communities on the Netgear site.

Message 4 of 7
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I don't know guys, the app looks great on my Tandy!
Message 5 of 7
Nsiddons
Apprentice

@Retired_Member i really haven't laughed all day thanx for that. 

Message 6 of 7
Nsiddons
Apprentice

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 12 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7