Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi app features needed for windows

gmhyman
Guide

Orbi app features needed for windows

The latest Orbi app for IOS and Android has a built in speedtest using Ookla.  How do I get to this speedtest from windows.  I can pause each device from this app, but again, can't do this from windows.  Neither Netgear Genie nor logging in to the router provides either of these.   Is there some magic I need to get to this, or do I just have to wait for Netger to get control from "real" computers as good as portable devices?

Message 1 of 5

Re: Orbi app features needed for windows

go to the microsoft store in the windows menu and download speed test and there is your speed test for your windows machine

Message 2 of 5
st_shaw
Master

@gmhyman wrote:

do I just have to wait for Netger to get control from "real" computers as good as portable devices?

No need to wait. Just point a broswer to your Orbi's IP address, or orbilogin.net, and control everything from the router GUI.

Message 3 of 5
gmhyman
Guide

@peteytesting wrote:

go to the microsoft store in the windows menu and download speed test and there is your speed test for your windows machine

The problem is that software give yet another answer.  Right now, if I run ookla speedtest from firefox, I get ~240 mbits download, run it from chrome I get ~120 mbits, run the MS tool,I get ~40 mbits, run it from IOS Orbi app, I get ~240 mbits.  I'm pretty sure 240 is the right number - at least the max available.  What I'm looking for is a windows version of the Orbi app that's on IOS and android.

Message 4 of 5
gmhyman
Guide

@st_shaw wrote:

@gmhyman wrote:

do I just have to wait for Netger to get control from "real" computers as good as portable devices?

No need to wait. Just point a broswer to your Orbi's IP address, or orbilogin.net, and control everything from the router GUI.

Except that when I login to my Orbi via it's IP, the device list does not have the on/off switch per device that's in the IOS and Android app, nor is there a link to the speedtest that's in those apps.

I'm looking for a windows app with the same feature set as the IOS or Android app supplied by Netgear.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7