Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi app miss some things

Hillie79
Aspirant

Orbi app miss some things

Hello, I have an Orbi RBK50 but in the app I don't see the speedtest and I know it should be there. Can anyone help me please? I also miss the guest network in the app. I have an Android phone
Message 1 of 9
BillYoung
Luminary

Re: Orbi app miss some things

Hillie79:

I also have an Android phone.  Also have the RBR50/RBS50 router.  The Speedtest shows in the bottom right hand corner of the Orbi app.  I would suggest trying to scroll on your phone to see it.  The Guest WiFi shows in the bottom left hand corner of the Orbi app.  Again, try scrolling in the app to see it.  Both options show on the screen in my phone, so hopefully you just have a smaller phone that requires scrolling.

BillYoung

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 2 of 9
Hillie79
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I don't have a smaller screen. I had an Orbi before, there I had speedtest in the app, also guest network. But not now
Message 3 of 9
BillYoung
Luminary

Hillie79:

Sorry to hear that.  Let's go over a few things, like what do you see on your Orbi app screen.

When I open the Orbi app, I see the following.  The top half of the screen shows the Orbi router, the Internet status, and the number of Satellites.  The bottom half of the screen shows four buttons:  WiFi Settings, Device List, Guest WiFi, and Speed Test.

It should be noted that I am using Orbi app version 1.5.14.

How about you?  What does the app show when it is open, and what version of the app are you using?

BillYoung

Message 4 of 9
Hillie79
Aspirant

Hi, I also have 1.5.14.
Further, on the top of the app I have the same as you.
Below I have Wifi settings, device list and support. That's all
Message 5 of 9
BillYoung
Luminary

Hillie79:

OK, I got what you got on your screen in the app.  But only after trying to access the Support option from the drop-down menu.  And when I got out of the app and back into it again, it showed me what I told you again.

So, have you accessed the Support option in the app, and then not closed the app?  I would do that, and see what it shows you.

BillYoung

Message 6 of 9
Hillie79
Aspirant

What firmware do you have?
Message 7 of 9
BillYoung
Luminary

Hillie79:

Firmware version:  1.12.0.18 on both the router and my satellite.

I really believe this is more about the app than the router firmware, though.

BillYoung

Message 8 of 9
Hillie79
Aspirant

It's still the same. I really don't know what to do. I have an older firmware than you.
Maybe someone from Netgear can help me
Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7