Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi app notified of Firewar update, now Satellites have intermittent Internet connections

PKSJ44
Follower

Orbi app notified of Firewar update, now Satellites have intermittent Internet connections

Router: RBR50

Firmware: v2.7.2.104

Both Satellites: RBS50

Firware: v2.7.2.104

After fireware update that was through notification on my app this morning, more than half my devices are no longer getting internet. First time this happened, I rebooted the whole network and after 5 mins it connect. Now again same thing after it was working for good 3-4 hours. Both cell phones says Connected without Internet. cpl of streaming devices also not getting internet. One laptop is not getting internet but my other laptop (this one) is getting internet connection. Orbi App Network Map shows both satellites green dot and connected to route but Router shows red dot. I am getting internet because this is my work laptop and able to work, browse and even search Netgear community and post this :-). Appreciate any guidance on fixing this. Thanks.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Orbi app notified of Firewar update, now Satellites have intermittent Internet connections

What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? 

You might want to manually re-load FW by downloading the FW files and applying them to the RBS first then RBR lastly with a wired PC and web browser. 

Message 2 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Can you please check the Orbi web interface, Advanced Tab, Advanced Settings, Traffic Meter (toward the bottom of the menu) and uncheck the box labelled "Enable Traffic Meter"?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7