Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi app says firmware is up to date, but Orbi website says there is a newer versions

Jorgeelizondom
Follower

Orbi app says firmware is up to date, but Orbi website says there is a newer versions

Hello,

I have an Orbi RBK50 system with an RBR50 router and two RBS50 satellites.

Currently I am on firmware V2.5.2.4 and when I click on "check for updates", it says that the firmware is up to date and there are no newer updates.

But when I go to the download center and type my model number, it shows that there are actually FOUR newer firmware versions (2.7.0.70, 2.7.1.60, 2.6.1.40 and 2.7.2.102).

Why is it that my app does not see those?

(I also checked using the router admin page and same results).

Help will be appreciated

Message 1 of 2
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: Orbi app says firmware is up to date, but Orbi website says there is a newer versions

@Jorgeelizondom wrote:

Why is it that my app does not see those?

(I also checked using the router admin page and same results).

No one knows. (Seriously, there are literally hundreds of posts complaining about and arguing about this situation.)

Some people say, "If a firmware update was critical, Netgear would push it.  Don't go looking for trouble." Others say, "if they made it available, it MUST be 'better'". Most of us are just confused and frustrated by the lack of guidance from Netgear.

If you sincerely are determined to install the "latest" firmware, the only method is to download the zip files, unpack the images, and perform a manual update.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7