Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi backhaul channel disconnects frequently with v2.0.0.74

Jimrob
Tutor

Orbi backhaul channel disconnects frequently with v2.0.0.74

After a couple of months of great wifi, all of a sudden the backhaul channel keeps losing it's connection every 15 mins to couple of hours - but now most of our connected devices are unusable as they were connecting to the satellite. I can see that it is on the latest version of firmware, so there must have been an automatic update, does anyone know what "feature" introduced a bug? Is it something else? thanks

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Jimrob
Tutor

My problem seemed to be the same, and it is now solved I think after 48 hours with no further disconnects. I changed the following in advanced wireless settings:-
1. Disables daisy chain topology
2. Enabled implicit beamforming
3. Enables MU-MIMO
4. Left fast roaming unchecked.

Hope this helps someone else

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
tucsontico
Virtuoso

One of the hints recently mentioned on this forum was to do an NVRAM reset and after that do a factory default reset. When those two are complete, reconfigure your ORBI as you want but do it manually. DO NOT USE any saved configuation files to reconfigure your ORBI. Additionally, after the reset/reconfigure DO NOT USE the built-in Speedtest on the QOS setup page. Apparently, that test mode is causing some users to have slow-downs and other anomolies.

Having said all that, I'm not a WiFi expert by any stretch of the imagination. I'm merely trying to help out with some potential fixes. Overall, I've been pleased with the performance of the ORBI system in my environment. There are still issues in my system too but nowhere near as many as other folks continue to report. Good luck!

Message 2 of 3
Jimrob
Tutor

My problem seemed to be the same, and it is now solved I think after 48 hours with no further disconnects. I changed the following in advanced wireless settings:-
1. Disables daisy chain topology
2. Enabled implicit beamforming
3. Enables MU-MIMO
4. Left fast roaming unchecked.

Hope this helps someone else
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements